My Birth as Buddhist Monk


Being a Buddhist Monk

I’m here to share with you one more past birth experience.

I saw myself as 32 years old Buddhist monk.

My house where I used to live was very near a monastery. I was a bachelor and lived alone.

The huge Monastery stood in the woods surrounded by green grass and beautiful trees. The climate was usually pleasant. Cool breeze, fresh & pure air, greenery, calm & cool place were some aspects which my subconscious mind gathered.

There was a village nearby.

I used to teach Basic Concepts of Buddhism to small kids in the Monastery.

I was always so attracted towards the greenery that I often took my class outside.

I had no hair on my head & was wearing yellow & maroon colour outfit. 
I was in Tibet.

One fine day I sat my class outside in the open and started to teach my students. I told them that our main aim is to end our sufferings. I was deeply involved in explaining it conceptually. I told them that once we are aware of the “TRUTH and KNOWLEDGE” all our sufferings will come to an end. My students were paying a lot of attention towards me..just like they always did.

After introducing the topic, I used to explain them in simple words, to my little bright class. Post my lecture they would ask me any kind of questions or doubts freely and maybe this added to the comfort and love they felt towards me.

I realized, that to feel the vibrations of fatherhood without being a biological father to any…was certainly possible and enthralling too.

So the comfort and the pleasure was mutual between the Guru-Shishya bonding.

So while relishing teaching the class, and enjoying the cool breeze with scenic beauty of mother nature, I was fully involved in explaining the importance of being aware of “Real Knowledge” and how that would help in fixing all sufferings.

A small kid, who was around 6 or 7 years of age, got up and stepped forward towards me.
In a polite way, he gestured to allow him to ask me a question.
I always encouraged kids to ask me queries so they could have more conceptual clarity.

In his soft voice, he asked me if I had all the knowledge, to which I replied “yes”.

Undeterred he further added questioningly, “in that case you have no suffering”.

For the first time in my teaching experience, I stopped short on words. It looked like his words held my focus tightly, gripped my mind.

I just got mum & closed my eyes
I got the strange and strongest urge to introspect.
I took time and peeped into my heart. I tried to be absolutely calm and transparent to my introspection.

My heart was full of emotions….the thoughts and emotions were swimming freely along with now unconcealed doubts, curiosity and desires. Somehow I had never been able to view these tightly gripped and hidden emotions ever before. They were always veiled under my staunch spiritual practices until this day.

While I took a while in my self-examination, the boy stood there calm and still and expectantly.

I slowly opened my eyes to see the beautiful face of the little angle-like boy. I could feel the radiance of his aura and intelligence of his insight.

I took his question rather seriously.

After the wait in expectation of my reply, he gently smiled when my eyes met his.

On accurately assessing my body language, he knew that I wasn’t going to reply.

Unexpectedly, he gestured to further add something and waited for my approval. I looked at him approvingly….While he started to speak…

He told me, “incase you still happen to suffer…in some or other way…despite so-called COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE, means that you actually haven’t reached unto THAT REAL TRUTH & must go ahead to find it”.

I carefully observed him and replayed his words again and again in my mind.

His voice had neither ego nor did I feel he was making fun of his Guru (me), but his voice had a strong firmness in it as if he absolutely knew what message he wants to convey.

I realized, this changed my entire life & perspective.

I left teaching & returned back to my wooden house.

I saw myself sitting in my room facing towards the window outside which beautifully flaunted the forest’s beginning. Beyond my small house, it was all forest which got denser the deeper one penetrated.  

It was here that I spent a lot of time in deep meditation. Most part of my day would be spent in non stop meditation and I grew stronger spiritually… inch by inch.

My focus shifted and I saw after several years of repeatedly meditating, one day Gautam Buddha standing infront of me in my room during my meditation.

He said that even a small child can teach you world’s best lessons & show you your true motive of life & force you to introspect further focusing on what all you have not achieved so far & tasks undone which must not be ignored.

He further added that now I must go and find the real knowledge and should visit other places. I should spend rest of my life in preaching and also in working for the welfare of people.

Then my focus shifted and I saw that I died so peacefully while still sleeping. I was 65 years old when my journey ended.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Most Incredible Past Birth Experience

My Previous Birth Experience in Snow covered Himalayas

Shunya to Infinity – An incredible journey of Several Births